The Heart Foundation has been the trusted peak body working to improve heart disease prevention, detection, and support for all Australians.
Whilst our work has had a major impact on the survival rates of those suffering a heart attack and those living with heart disease, we will not be satisfied until it is completely eradicated. Coronary heart disease is still Australia’s number one killer, taking 50 lives every day.
To help us realise our vision of an Australia free of heart disease along with the teamwork and passion of our supporters and generosity of millions of Australians act to make a difference in the fight against heart disease by:
- Funding high-impact research, supporting emerging and leading heart health researchers
- Working to improve heart disease prevention, detection, care and support for all Australians
- Advocating to governments and industry for increased funding and resources for heart health
- Building community awareness about living a heart-healthy lifestyle. We do this through public health awareness campaigns, accessible information and resources
- Supporting health professionals in their work to prevent, diagnose, treat and manage heart disease.